Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Wedding Crashers

Well, everyone I know who saw this movie has raved about it. I've heard that it was hilarious - just as good as The 40-Year-Old Virgin - great, raunchy fun.

They were wrong. It wasn't hilarious. It's not even CLOSE to the fantastic The 40-Year-Old Virgin. And it was neither great nor raunchy. Nor fun.

What I found when I rented Wedding Crashers was an average romantic comedy trying to be labeled a bawdy, American Pie-type movie. As far as I'm concerned, the trailers for Wedding Crashers are false advertisement.

I was very disappointed in this movie. Frankly, I found it lame. Right down to the stereotypical scene where a man runs into a church to stop the wedding because he loves the bride. Stupid. Trite. The few great funny moments were drowned out in a sea of stupid romance.

Rent it if you want. I don't recommend it.

1 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was false advertising, because this is a total chic-flick. Now, I happen to be a chic, (shut up, Dan), and I am not particularly fond of the chic-flick genre, but I really liked this movie! A lot of it could have been edited out, it was a little slow...but I enjoyed it enough that should it turn up in the 4.99 bin at Wal-Mart, I'd buy it. Just to hear Dreamlover deliver the line..."true love is when the soul recognizes it's counterpoint in another..." ok you're all gagging now...I'll stop. See? Chic-flick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home