Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Rocky Balboa


I can't believe I'm going to say this: I want to see "Rocky Balboa."

For those of you who don't know, a sixth (yes, SIXTH) Rocky movie premieres this December, and the trailer is now available online. They wisely opted out of using "VI" in the title, electing instead to just call the movie "Rocky Balboa."

Now, before you judge, watch the trailer here.

Rocky looks old, outta shape, tired, and lost. In other words, he looks like he should look. Oh, and Adrian is dead, but Paulie is back.

The concept makes some sense: ESPN airs a computerized fight between the current champ and Rocky. Rocky wins. The buzz begins. Rocky, meanwhile, decides that he'd like to step back into the ring, just to fight in a few small-time fights. You can see where this is headed....

2 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am TOTALLY onboard! The trailer makes me want to see this movie NOW! I know it may seem hokey, but this looks like a Rocky movie that harkens back, yeah, I said "harkens", get over it, to the way Rocky was in the original. And Stallone still looks pretty good.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Dan said...

Exactly! This should be WAY better then the "Rambo IV" movie in the works. And I'm serious. There's a Rambo IV in the works.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home