Monday, March 14, 2005

Troy

Hmmm. What can I say about "Troy"? It was ok. One of the biggest problems for me was that I only liked two of the characters - Hector (played by Incredible Hulk Eric Bana) and Priam (played by Peter O'Toole). All the other characters were incredibly annoying. Achilles (Brad Pitt) was an arrogant prick. Paris (Orlando Bloom) was a selfish wussy. Agamemnon was a royal ass. Briseis (Rose Byrne) was a traitorous bitch. Odysseus (Sean Bean) was decent enough, but with little screen time. The female characters were all pretty much props which the male characters used as motivation. No real character development for any of them.

I'm sure that the movie studio had visions of this film being an "Epic". It's not. Not even close. It's long, that's for sure - it comes in at 163 minutes. And it has enormous battle scenes. But it lacks the solid script required to fall into the "Epic" category.

So, where does that leave me and this review? Not sure. I guess it was ok for a $4 rental. It passed the time, and I, for the most part, wasn't bored. Sorry, "Troy", but that's the best I can do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home